[OmniOS-discuss] networking from a zone

Michael Mounteney gate03 at landcroft.co.uk
Sun Jan 4 09:42:37 UTC 2015

Hello, my server is running a fairly simple firewall.  The machine has
two interfaces:

e1000g0 192.168.0.n/24 connected to the cable modem and the internet.
e1000g1 192.168.1.1/24 connected to a hub and hence various client
machines.

The firewall is basically as per http://pastebin.com/4aYyZhJ8 and while
this works well for the clients, I can't make it work for a zone.  I've
got one zone which shares the e1000g1 interface, which provides various
internal services which I don't want visible to the outside world, but
another zone, which shares the e1000g0 interface, I *do* want to be able
to see the outside world, but it won't do much.  I can ping an external
IP address, but can't do ssh (to an IP address) or DNS for example.

Any ideas ?  Thanks in expectation.

Michael.