[OmniOS-discuss] High Availability storage with ZFS

Kyle Bruene KBruene at simmonsperrine.com
Tue Jan 6 15:01:43 UTC 2015

Re: [OmniOS-discuss] High Availability storage with ZFS

Filip,

Currently, I have 2 OmniOS hosts running as storage servers with COMSTAR over Fibre Channel to Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V servers. The Windows Servers use a software mirror of luns from both OmniOS boxes. They have been working great, I believe there is only a slight performance penalty. Not exactly HA and it does have some drawbacks, such as resyncs if I need to take down either OmniOS boxes, but it is nice to know I have two full copies of the data at all times.

Kyle