[OmniOS-discuss] assertion failed for thread / omnios r12

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Mon Jan 12 13:52:12 UTC 2015

On 10 January 2015 03:02:27 CET, Richard Elling <richard.elling at richardelling.com> wrote:

>> On Jan 9, 2015, at 1:33 PM, Randy S <sim.ple at live.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Maybe this has been covered already (I saw a bug about this so I
>thought this occurence should not be present in omnios r12) but when I
>do a zdb -d rpool after having upgraded the rpool to the latest
>version, I get a :
>> assertion failed for thread 0xfffffd7fff162a40, thread-id 1:
>spa_writeable(vd->vdev_spa), file ../../../uts/common/fs/zfs/vdev.c,
>line 1566
>>
>> What can have caused this.
>
>Its a bug, zdb doesn't open the pool for writing, so it can't be
>writable.
>

>> zpool upgrade rpool
>> This system supports ZFS pool feature flags.
>>
>> Enabled the following features on 'rpool':
>>   lz4_compress
>>   multi_vdev_crash_dump
>>   spacemap_histogram
>>   enabled_txg
>>   hole_birth
>>   extensible_dataset
>>   embedded_data
>>   bookmarks
>>   filesystem_limits
>>
>> Is there a way I can disable this spacemap feature after having done
>the upgrade?
>> It seems that Bug #5165 (https://www.illumos.org/issues/5165) is
>still in there.
>
>yep
>
>zdb is intended for debugging and isn't guaranteed to run successfully
>on imported
>pools. There is likely some other way to get the info your looking
>for... so what are
>you looking for?
> -- richard
>

>> Regards,

@Randy: See also if the anti-assertion options in zdb would help (i.e. -AAA)? Note that when used like this, unlike other zdb options, (e.g. multiple -d -d -d = -ddd), the different -A* options seemed to set different flags in zdb, at least when I looked at the code a couple of years ago. So you might need to set several of these like 'zdb -A -AAA -d -e rpool' or whatever.

Of course, most assertions are tripped for a reason, so the view of a 'live' pool would likely seem inconsistent as zdb traverses the tree, parts of which may be obsolete or overwritten by the time it gets there.

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android