[OmniOS-discuss] Caldav suggestions?

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Sun Jan 18 16:40:50 UTC 2015

On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 11:04:23 -0500
Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:

> Thanks everyone for the collected advice so far.  Some things I forgot to mention:
>
> - it only needs to scale to my family (<10)
>
> - it will be public facing on https, likely in my existing webserver zone.
>
> - most or all of my clients will be MacOS or iOS.

I see. I thought it was supposed to be added to Omnios default;-)

In that case there is no problem what so ever with file based.

I have just tested latest release of radicale and I must admit it has
come a long way since my last visit (0.7). For your requirements, with
the exception of database, I see no problems with using radicale.

Latest Omnios stable: Python 2.6.8 (unknown, Sep 13 2014, 04:19:45)
fits the bill: "It is known to work on Python 2.6, ..."

BTW their new experimental interface to databases using sqlalchemy does
support PostgreSQL and MySQL (therefore also MariaDB).

I plan doing experimentation involving Radicale-0.10 (daemon mode),
OpenLDAP (authentication), and PostgreSQL for storage backend.

If someone is interesting I can provide a howto to the list?

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys: