[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: Re: Ang: How to use LSI's storcli?

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at JVM.DE
Wed Jan 21 08:54:34 UTC 2015

Hi,

so… I settled for the simpler sas2flash option… this works under OmniOS
and basically provides what I need: checking/updating the FW of the HBA(s).
Although the 9207-8i is listed in the readme of the MRM software - and
it actually works, if you fire up that big clunky Java app, it is
obviously unsupported by storcli or MegaCLI.

The sas2flash utility perfectly fits my needs, so I will go with that.
Now, the only thing to check is, which FW to use. I have already heard
that P20 should be avoided and that most poeple are F18, but F18 is not
available at LSI's site, just F19 and F20.

Thanks,
budy