[OmniOS-discuss] Who here had lockd/nlockmgr problems?

Jacob Vosmaer contact at jacobvosmaer.nl
Wed Jan 21 23:29:17 UTC 2015

Hi Paul, Dan

I wrote in about this a while back. At the time I was optimistic about
deleting files from statmon.bak. I have since realized the problem has not
disappeared, and all I have now is a faster hammer to whack this problem
with:
$ cat fix-nfs
#!/bin/sh
sudo rm -rf /var/statmon/sm.bak/*
sudo svcadm restart nfs/status
sudo svcadm clear nfs/nlockmgr
sudo svcadm restart nfs/

If an NFS client was there when the server shut down, but is gone when the
NFS server comes up, I need to reach for this.

What I have been reluctant to do until now is to set up something (an SMF?)
that deletes the files in /var/statmon/sm.bak on boot.

Cheers,

Jacob