[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: Rolling FW upgrade on LSI 9207

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at JVM.DE
Thu Jan 22 10:46:10 UTC 2015

Hi Carl,

Am 22.01.15 um 11:05 schrieb Carl Brunning:
> HI
> Yes I've done it using lsiutils
> You do the firmware update in that and then do reset of the port (99)
I will use the sas2flash utility on OmniOS, but it has also the
capabilities to reset the HBA after upgrade.

> This if it a mirror pool will degrade the pool as it reset the port so no talking to the disk for a second then it all come back
> Wait for the resilver to check everything
> Then do the same for the other card
Great , that's even more simple than I thought it to be, but of course a
small resilver will not take long, since that action will be performed
on the weekend, when the traffic is low and probaly not many txgs will
happen between the reset of the HBA and the re-appearance of the drives.

> But please make sure you have done mirror if you not you will lose a vdev and that means pain lol
Yeah - absolutely. I am sure, that I designed both zpools to be equally
spread over the two HBAs, but I will make sure of it, nevertheless.

> Hope that helps you

It does indeed! Thanks a ton.

> Thanks
> Carl