[OmniOS-discuss] vmware issue with mirror

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Thu Jul 23 13:49:37 UTC 2015

> On Jul 23, 2015, at 2:51 AM, Martin Kloboucnik <martinschki at mac.com> wrote:
>

> I’m running  "OmniOS 5.11   omnios-8d266aa

You claim this, but then your boot banner says:

> SunOS Release 5.11 Version omnios-b281e50 64-bit

That.

> Copyright…..
> NOTICE: Cannot read the pool lable frpm ‘/pci at 0,0/pci15ad, 1976 at 10/sd at 1,0:a’
> NOTICE: spa_import_rootpool: error 5
> Cannot mount on /pci at 0,0/pci15ad, 1976 at 10/sd at 1,0:a fstype zfs

The disk mentioned in the path above (one of your rpool disks) is somehow broken.  "error 5" is EIO, which ZFS returns if it has a problem reading the disk (pardon the redundancy).

I'd recommend doing a fresh install (of OmniOS r151014) and importing your data pools.  You may need to use -f for import, but since you keep data separate from the rpool, I don't see a huge problem doing this.