[OmniOS-discuss] question about service firewall rules

Michael Talbott mtalbott at lji.org
Wed Jul 29 17:55:46 UTC 2015

Hi,

Granted this won't fix the firewall issue, but, I think you can get the results your looking for just by editing /etc/ssh/sshd_config and use "AllowUsers username at 192.168.1.0/24"

From sshd_config's man page:

       AllowUsers
           This keyword can be followed by a number of user names, separated
           by spaces. If specified, login is allowed only for user names that
           match one of the patterns.  Asterisk (*) and question mark (?) can
           be used as wildcards in the patterns. Only user names are valid; a
           numerical user ID is not recognized. By default login is allowed
           regardless of the user name.

           If a specified pattern takes the form user at host then user and host
           are checked separately, restricting logins to particular users from
           particular hosts.

Michael Talbott
Systems Administrator
La Jolla Institute