[OmniOS-discuss] I think I broke part of the network stack

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Jun 1 14:45:11 UTC 2015

> On May 30, 2015, at 2:55 PM, Heinz Nikolaus Gies <heinz at licenser.net> wrote:
>
>  408  dladm create-vnic -l bge0 net0 -p zone=2398fe7c-032f-11e5-abb0-b33f9f953915

That one may be a SmartOS-ism.  From the OmniOS dladm(1M) man page:

       zone
           Specifies the zone to which the link belongs. This property can be
           modified only temporarily through dladm, and thus the -t option
           must be specified. To modify the zone assignment such that it
           persists across reboots, please use zonecfg(1M). Possible values
           consist of any exclusive-IP zone currently running on the system.
           By default, the zone binding is as per zonecfg(1M).

At the point you had dladm stop working, did you utter "svcs -xv".  I suspect maybe the "network-datalink-management" service may have been reported as faulty at that point.