[OmniOS-discuss] Wiki change

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Jun 3 14:45:53 UTC 2015

> On Jun 3, 2015, at 5:55 AM, Graham Stephens <graham at thestephensdomain.com> wrote:
>
> Guys,
>
> Where do I go to submit a change to the Wiki?
>
> I know the KVM instructions page says it is not finished (at http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/VirtualMachinesKVM), but the instructions as they are will cause a system crash.
> Ask me how I know!
>
> The add device section should read:
>
> set match="/dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/zvol"
>
> (no '*', and 'dsk' not 'rdsk')

dsk vs. rdsk is a fair suggestion and I can fix it.

OTOH, the '*' works for me just fine *because* I have filesystems under zvol:

r151014(~)[0]% zfs list | grep zvol
rpool/zvol                     41.3G  50.3G    96K  /rpool/zvol
rpool/zvol/oi-disk             41.3G  60.5G  31.1G  -
r151014(~)[0]%

Perhaps if you do not, AND you specify '*' a crash happens.  Please put the vmdump.N file somewhere for downloading and analysis.

> The system crash has been reported to the illumOS group.

1.) It's "illumos"

2.) I've not yet seen this report.  Where did you send it?