[OmniOS-discuss] Crashplan alternatives?

Guo-Rong Koh guorong.koh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 01:39:57 UTC 2015

To anyone who comes across this post in future.
All my Crashplan backup clients (Linux & Windows) eventually failed
whe
n the 4.2.0 update rolled through.
I ended going with option 1, creating a Linux KVM instance and
installi
ng Crashplan there.
Usefully, Crashplan allows you to adopt a computer and I was able to
co
ntinue backups where they stopped by making the existing Solaris
archives visible to the Linux Crashplan KVM.
regards,
Guo-Rong