[OmniOS-discuss] Problem updating ms-omniti local repo

Lopez, Javier javier.lopez at trixter.de
Wed Jun 17 12:59:18 UTC 2015

Hi Volker,

Thank you very much for your help.

I think we had a small misunderstanding though: I don't have a problem with creating the repo, I in fact having it working now. I used your advice from your second email:

# pkgrepo create /path/ms.omniti.com/
# pkgrepo add-publisher -s /path/ms.omniti.com/ ms.omniti.com
# pkgrecv -s http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/ -d /path/ms.omniti.com/ '*'

However, from the beginning, I've had a problem with updating it. I continue to receive this error message:

#> pkgrecv -s http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/ -d /path/ms.omniti.com/ '*'
Processing packages for publisher omniti-ms ...
Retrieving catalog ' http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/ '...
Unable to retrieve package data for publisher 'omniti-ms' from one
of the following origin(s):

http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/

The catalog retrieved from one of the origin(s) listed above only
contains package data for: ms.omniti.com.

This is either a result of invalid origin information being provided
for publisher 'omniti-ms', or because the wrong publisher name was
provided when this publisher was added.

I noticed in your last email you used a different method of cloning the repo:

| # pkgrecv -p ms.omniti.com -s http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/ -d /pkg/ms.omniti.com/ --clone

We ran into a problem with this command-- "pkgrecv: Illegal option --p". Any idea what is going on here? We are running
Your pkgrecv command as written specifies the publisher (I guess with the -p option): is this perhaps what is giving us a problem with updating?
If that is the case, is there a way to fix what we already without having to download the entire repo again?

(Just to give a bit of background, the reason why we asked this question in the first place is because we want to have our repo management server update our omnios repos on a cron job)

Regards

Javier Lopez
System Administrator

phone:
mobile:
fax:
mail:
web: 	+49 89 287018 0

+49 89 287018 18
javier.lopez at trixter.de
http://www.trixter.de
TRIXTER Film GmbH
Amalienstrasse 67
80799 Munich, Germany

TRIXTER FILM GMBH, Sitz Muenchen, Registergericht Muenchen, HRB 125141, Geschaeftsfuehrer: Simone Kraus, Michael Coldewey, Christian Sommer
TRIXTER FILM GMBH, Place of business Munich, Register Court Munich, HRB 125141, Managing Directors: Simone Kraus, Michael Coldewey, Christian Sommer