[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS bloody updated --> now with gcc51 for non-illumos bits

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Thu Jun 18 05:37:47 UTC 2015

Earlier, I said...

> On Jun 16, 2015, at 10:16 PM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:
>
> I've pushed back the changes for gcc51 into omnios-build.  I now need to build it a final time, and test upgrading.
>
> If you pull changes into omnios-build, you will be able to build most of the world, but not the gcc51 portions of it.  Watch this list for a followup announcement when the bloody binaries on IPS are updated.

I've now updated the IPS binaries on http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/bloody/.

The old "gcc/g++-4-runtime" has been marked as "renamed" and "pkg update" will download the new "gcc/g++-5-runtime" instead.

These packages, however, will need to be installed explicitly to supplant their gcc48 predecessors:

	libgmp-gcc51
	libmpfr-gcc51
	libmpc-gcc51
	gcc51

You can resume builds of omnios-build's non-illumos bits after this update and the installation of the gcc51 packages.

An important safety tip for gcc51 --> its default standard's mode is "gnu11".  Some software assumes "gnu89", so you may need to add "-std=gnu89" to your CFLAGS.  You'll note some of the gcc51 changes in omnios-build were to do just that for certain pieces of software.

I've also updated the ISO, USB-dd, and Kayak .zfs.bz2 images.  Details can be found on the http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Installation page.

Thank you!