[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: KVM vnics not starting

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Fri Jun 26 13:37:59 UTC 2015

Hi!

-----"OmniOS-discuss" <omnios-discuss-bounces at lists.omniti.com> skrev: -----
Till: omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com
Från: Graham Stephens
Sänt av: "OmniOS-discuss"
Datum: 2015-06-26 11:20
Ärende: [OmniOS-discuss] KVM vnics not starting

Guys,

Does anyone else here have problems trying to start a kvm due to vnics
not initializing properly? It seems to me that the more vnics you add,
the more likely the problem is to occur.
The firewall that I'm trying to build currently has four vnics attached,
and I'm intending to add more before I'm finished - but frequently when
I try to start it one will fail to 'catch' (like starting an old car)
and kvm fails. It's usually the third or fourth vnic, but not always. I
have to keep retrying the start script, and eventually it will work but
it can take five minutes for the darn thing to come up.

Is there a setting I have missed?

I've never seen this!

I have used VM firewalls/routers with 5 vnic's or more, never seen it.

Johan