[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS considered in-memory OS ?

Mick Burns bmx1955 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 14:59:19 UTC 2015

As per current wikipedia entry for SmartOS,  we can read the following :

 "SmartOS is an in-memory operating system and boots directly into
random access memory. It supports various boot mechanisms such as
booting off of universal serial bus thumbdrive, ISO Image, or over the
network via PXE boot."

Does this statement applies to OmniOS as well ?

Ultimately, what I need to know is if OmniOS is good fit to run OS off
a pair of either internal SDcards or good quality USB sticks ?

thank you.