[OmniOS-discuss] [discuss] Kernel Panic OmniOS r151006 svc.configd

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Mar 16 15:10:34 UTC 2015

Keeping my response on the OmniOS list only for now.  Your panic info may be better shared on the illumos developer list, BTW.

> On Mar 16, 2015, at 7:24 AM, takashi ary via illumos-discuss <discuss at lists.illumos.org> wrote:
>
> <crash.tar.gz>

Normally I like to see the dumps themselves, but these are both the same panic, and both in a seemingly innocent return from a door call.

Both panics are page faults, like the kernel was using a userspace pointer or something.  I don't know the doorfs subsystem that well, but given I've not seen this anywhere else, I'm wondering if something odd is going on inside VMware's memory management (you did say this is running inside VMware)?

No specific activity was going on prior to the panics, right?

I'm a bit stumped at this point.