[OmniOS-discuss] dladm hanging when creating an aggr after ramping of mtu

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at JVM.DE
Wed Sep 9 14:23:03 UTC 2015

Hi,

a couple of months ago I was having some issues with dladm and setting
the MTU size to 9000 on some ixgbe interfaces. At that time, dladm went
some kind of unresponsive after I had set the MTU on such an interface.
This was back in the 006 days and today I wanted to do the same on some
014 systems.

This time, I was able to set the MTU to 9216 as it is set on my Nexus
Fex's, but upon creating a link aggregation using

dladm create-aggr -l ixgbe1 -l ixgbe3 aggr0

dladm is hanging again and the network traffic from ixgbe0 was suspended
for some length of time, such as that the iSCSI initiator on the other
end of ixgbe0 was starting to throw iSCSI connection errors. Luckily the
connection resumed before the iSCSI timeout was due, but dladm is still
hanging around waiting for whatever…

Is there any option to get rid of dladm without taking down the whole box?

Thanks,
Stephan