[OmniOS-discuss] ipfilter refresh bug?

John Yocum jtyocum at uw.edu
Wed Sep 9 16:58:27 UTC 2015

I'm running omnios-8c08411. Yep, it's old. New system running latest LTS
will be setup in the next couple months, and this system will be redone.

Anyway... I'm running into a possible bug in the processing of
ipfilter's ippools. I added some new addresses to an existing pool, and
ran 'svcadm refresh ipfilter:default', only to find my ippool didn't change.

The logs showed:

[ Sep  2 14:00:39 Rereading configuration. ]
[ Sep  2 14:00:39 Executing refresh method ("/lib/svc/method/ipfilter
reload"). ]
0 objects flushed
load_pool:SIOCLOOKUPADDTABLE: File exists
load_pool:SIOCLOOKUPADDTABLE: File exists
Set 1 now inactive
filter sync'd
0 entries flushed from NAT table
4 entries flushed from NAT list
[ Sep  2 14:00:39 Method "refresh" exited with status 0. ]

So, is this just an intended behavior or a bug? I've found a few mailing
list posts from 10 years ago about it, but no explanation.
http://unix.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/comp.unix.solaris/2005-12/msg00652.html

Thanks!

--
John Yocum, Systems Administrator, DEOHS