[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS r151014 update - needs reboot!

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Sep 14 21:58:27 UTC 2015

I have updated release media as well as the IPS server.

omnios-build branch r151014 is now on revision 437bddb.
illumos-omnios branch r151014 is now on revision cffff65, which means "uname -v" now shows omnios-cffff65.

Most importantly, this update fixes illumos 6214 for OmniOS.  You should be able to restore your L2ARC devices using the method I mentioned in my last e-mail:

	zpool add <pool-name> cache <vdev>

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SPECIFY "cache" when adding the vdev, or else you will append <vdev>'s space to your pool.

Special thanks to illumos community member Arne "sensille" Jansen for both finding 6214 and fixing it.

Additional fixes in this update include:

- An additional set of ZFS fixes from Delphix.

- Mozilla NSS up to version 3.20 (including ca-bundle).

- Kernel htable fixes, which should improve kernel memory behavior in the face of reaping (illumos 6202).

- Fault management topology changes for ses brought up to date with illumos-gate.

- Small bug with zpool import fixed (illumos 1778).

Because of the changes to zfs, this update requires that you reboot your system.

Thank you!