[OmniOS-discuss] (no subject)

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at JVM.DE
Tue Sep 15 04:59:31 UTC 2015

Am 15.09.15 um 03:46 schrieb Paul B. Henson:
> [...]
corruption impacts a data block then we won't be able to detect it.".
So, I am afarid apart from metadata and indirect blocks corruption,
there's no way to even detect a corruption inside a data block, as the
checksum fits.

I think, the best one can do is to run a scrub and act on the results of
that. If scrub reports no errors, one can live with that or one would
need to think of options to reference the data with known, good data
from that pool, e.g. from a backup prior to 6214 having been introduced,
but depending on the sheer amount of data or the type of it, that might
not be even possible.

Cheers,
Stephan