[OmniOS-discuss] (no subject)

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Tue Sep 15 20:24:22 UTC 2015

Yes, that's true, assuming you have no external source of verification.
However, Arne said he didn't think this bug would result in data corruption,
only metadata corruption. I was mostly worried about pool corruption that
would cause panics or failure to import, which data level corruption would
not cause. Most of the data on the pool I was worried about is media, a bad
data block here or there wouldn't be too tragic.

> from that pool, e.g. from a backup prior to 6214 having been introduced,
> but depending on the sheer amount of data or the type of it, that might
> not be even possible.

Yup. This was a sucky bug :(.