[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS r151014 update - needs reboot!

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Sep 16 11:48:53 UTC 2015

> On Sep 16, 2015, at 1:05 AM, Floris van Essen ..:: House of Ancients Amstafs ::.. <info at houseofancients.nl> wrote:
>

> When i install the update, it no longer sees my HP Network card.
> Even when installing the HP driver (NTXNxge.pkg), it will no longer see the PCI device.
>
> When I perform a roll back, it comes back online straight away :

You show the successful-case logs.  What would be more interesting are the unsuccessful ones.  Also check /etc/driver_aliases between the old and new BEs.

BTW, is this driver for Oracle Solaris?  You *do* realize there are inherent hazards with using an Oracle Solaris (esp. network) driver on any illumos distro, right?