[OmniOS-discuss] ZFS panic when unlinking a file

Omen Wild omen.wild at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 21:23:20 UTC 2015

Quoting Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> on Wed, Sep 16 15:04:

> > On Sep 16, 2015, at 2:54 PM, Omen Wild <omen.wild at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> MUCH EARLIER you said:
>
> > A zpool scrub turned up no errors or repairs.
>
> Dumb question --> when did you last attempt a scrub on this pool? Think
> it might be worth another shot now?

I did the scrub after the first couple panics. So after the corruption
had already happened.

Quoting Jan Vlach <janus at volny.cz> on Wed, Sep 16 21:07:

> how about moving all other data than fcouncil.html to different zfs
> dataset and then doing zfs destroy on the original dataset?
>
> No guarantee that this would work though ..

It's a backup server with 16TB sitting on it with only a top level
filesystem. I can move the parent directories of the corrupt file around,
at least within the same filesystem. I believe that moving it to a new
filesystem will require ZFS to read the file (and xattrs) in order to
write them in the new filesystem. I would be shocked if this does not
crash the box, but I will give it a try when I get a chance.