[OmniOS-discuss] omnios + nappit+ cifs data recovery

Guenther Alka alka at hfg-gmuend.de
Thu Sep 17 10:20:19 UTC 2015

hello Can

1.
The correct and only way is to create snapshots = previous versions on
your filesystems.
You can access them from Windows with a mouse right klick on a folder
with properties > previous version

You can autocreate snapshots in napp-it with menu Jobs > snaps ex
create a snapjob every hour, keep 24 ( can go back every hour for
current day)
add a snapjob 11pm, every day, hold 7 (can go back daily)
add a snapjob sunday 11pm,  keep 4 (can go back weekly)
add a snapjob 11pm, every 1st sunday, keep 12 (can go back monthly in
last year)

btw
you should not use classic Unix permissions like 777 with CIFS on a
Solaris system
as CIFS is is using Windows alike ACL with their inheritance possibilities.
A changemod 777 deletes all inheritancs settings what you do not want.

use ACLs settings like everyone@=full instead

2.
I do not think that there are any cifs ip access logs per default

Gea