[OmniOS-discuss] flow control on Intel X520 10G

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue Sep 22 01:14:25 UTC 2015

> On Sep 21, 2015, at 5:54 PM, Hildebrandt, Bill <bhildebrandt at exegy.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> First of all, I’m an OmniOS newbie, so take it easy on me.  Does anyone have a current status of bug #4063 (last updated 9/2013 @70%)?  I recently tried to turn on bi-directional flow control and it did bad things to my switch.  Is the Intel X520 just too old for anyone to care about it?  I have an alternative of using a Chelsio T440-CR, but I wasn’t sure about using the Chelsio driver for OpenIndiana.

Wait... you're throwing around OmniOS and OI?!  Which are you using?

This is a question best posed to the illumos developers list.  In particular, there's analysis from Nexenta in there indicating that there may be a fix available but which requires more testing.  I'd highly recommend you ask about illumos 4063 specifically on the illumos developer's list.