[OmniOS-discuss] iSCSI poor write performance

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at JVM.DE
Wed Sep 23 17:56:26 UTC 2015

Am 23.09.15 um 18:59 schrieb Michael Rasmussen:
> On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 17:23:24 +0200
> Stephan Budach <stephan.budach at JVM.DE> wrote:
>
>> At any way, you will need to get the performance of your zpools straight first, before even beginning to think on how to tweak the performance over the network.
>>
> Since his pool is comprised of vdev mirror pairs where on disk is local
> and the other disk is attached via iSCSI solving network performance is
> also part of solving the pool performance.

Huh? Where did that escape me? I don't think, that the pool layout
showed any remote disks, they all seemed to be from the same controller,
aren't they? And even, if that was the case, then one would always start
at the zpool and work one's way up from there, no?

Cheers,
Stephan