[OmniOS-discuss] strangeness ssh into omnios from oi_151a9

Richard PALO richard at netbsd.org
Mon Sep 28 14:20:03 UTC 2015

Le 28/09/15 15:46, Lauri Tirkkonen a écrit :
> On Mon, Sep 28 2015 08:21:46 -0400, Dan McDonald wrote:
>>
>>> On Sep 28, 2015, at 8:15 AM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> If 5850 is indeed the problem, you need to report this to the
>>> illumos developers list, including a deterministic way of
>>> reproducing it.
>>
>> I see you filed bug 6264, which is a good first step.  Please make
>> sure you summarize the how-to-reproduce in it.
>>
>> I also wonder if you patch your oi_151a9 box with 5850, AND keep 5850
>> on your OmniOS machine, whether or not this problem ALSO goes away.
>> After all, this fix specifically targets machines that drop
>> timestamps...
>
> If my analysis is correct (see the mail I sent to this thread
> previously), then applying 5850 to the oi_151a9 box will cause the issue
> to disappear -- both peers will then ignore the injected window change
> segment because it has no timestamps. Of course, it's possible that the
> middlebox won't like being ignored and might cause other failures (it
> could still inject RSTs, for example, since those are not required to
> have timestamps).

If I experienced the issue, chances a great anybody else with oi_151a9 have it
as well in France as the OI machine is connected to an Orange (previously known
as France Télécom) Business Services SDSL router and the Omnios box to a Freebox (Free Télécom).

Any hint on how to determine which box is doing it (or both)?
If not, if I can ssh into someplace that is able to check...
perhaps even an ftp session?

cheers

--
Richard PALO