[OmniOS-discuss] possible bug

Schweiss, Chip chip at innovates.com
Tue Sep 29 18:58:40 UTC 2015

I've seen issues like this when you run out of NFS locks.   NFSv3 in
Illumos is really slow at releasing locks.

On all my NFS servers I do:

sharectl set -p lockd_listen_backlog=256 nfs
sharectl set -p lockd_servers=2048 nfs

Everywhere I can, I use NFSv4 instead of v3.   It handles lock much better.

-Chip