[OmniOS-discuss] [developer] NVMe Performance

Josh Coombs jcoombs at staff.gwi.net
Fri Apr 8 20:35:38 UTC 2016

Did some digging myself trying to find out the block size of the DC P3600
line and found that intel only specs the 400GB unit at 500MB/s for
sequential writes, every other model in the DC line does 1000MB/s minimum.
So the numbers I'm seeing are in line with what they should be capable of.

So, I have to re-eval using them as log/cache devices as they potentially
are going to be a bottle neck.  At least now I know it's not the OS it's
the Hardware that's causing the numbers I saw.  Sorry for the false alarm.

Josh C