[OmniOS-discuss] Optimal Server Configuration or Disk Controller Recommendations

Guenther Alka alka at hfg-gmuend.de
Sun Apr 10 12:41:07 UTC 2016

I would suggest this in general for pure filer
where you do not have that many parallel threads.
Processing a thread faster than the ability to run more simulatiously
seems more efficient.

For an ESXi box with a virtualized ZFS storage VM that runs
together with other VMs, this is different. In such a situation I would
prefer more cores over a higher frequency for a similar price.