[OmniOS-discuss] Introducing io-lx -- an attempt to port LX Zones to OmniOS

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Apr 11 17:51:12 UTC 2016

> On Apr 11, 2016, at 1:11 PM, PÁSZTOR György <pasztor at linux.gyakg.u-szeged.hu> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> "Dan McDonald" <danmcd at omniti.com> írta 2016-03-07 21:47-kor:
>> After I'm comfortable with no ipkg/lipkg regressions, I will need to spend some design time figuring out how LX zones will look on OmniOS.  I will not be porting vmadm(1M) over from SmartOS, so I need to think about how LX will fit in with traditional zone tools.  I may discover other problems, but until I start the '018 process, and immediately after '018 ships, I will need to ensure no ipkg/lipkg regressions first and foremost.
>>
>> It's not much, but it's a start.
>
> Is there any news about this io-lx project?

It's been on hold while the 018 ramp-up occurs.

> Will that get into 018?

NO!  We're not close to ready.

> Can I test it somewhere already? eg. in a fresh 017?

You can take the io-lx repo and compile it, and then ONU.  I can tell you that ipkg & lipkg zones are broken currently, so there's a LOT of work.

Furthermore, there's been some joyent upstreaming since last I froze the public io-lx repo, so I may need to start over with a fresh pull of the Joyent bits.

> Or should I ONU to oi-lx? Is there a howto online how should I do that?

You can ONU to io-lx like you ONU to any other illumos-{gate,omnios} build.  Same warnings for env files, etc. etc.