[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS r151018 is now out!

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Thu Apr 14 18:47:13 UTC 2016

Start with the release notes:

	http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseNotes/r151018

The big highlights include:

	- The ability to use pkg(1) to switch between non-DEBUG and DEBUG kernels.

	- Lots of goodies from upstream like SMB2, Intel I219, vmxnet3s, and more.

	- Synched with illumos-gate as of the of March (plus a couple of fixes I upstreamed post-March).

	- OpenSSH (7.2p2 with ALL of the Joyent parity-with-SunSSH fixes) is now installed by default on new ISO, USB, or Kayak installations. The release notes above document how to switch between SunSSH and OpenSSH.

	- Starting with this release, "uname -v" shows the actual release (as pulled from the git branch).  This makes identifying a system a one-step process, instead of the two-step process it was.

OmniOS r151018 is the new stable release.  OmniOS r151016 becomes the "old stable" and will receive critical bugfixes and/or security patches for another six months.  OmniOS r151014 continues to be the long-term-support (LTS) release.  OmniOS r151006 has officially reached END OF SERVICE LIFE, and will get its own e-mail after this.

Upgrading to r151018 should be no different than the upgrade to r151016 was.

Thank you to the OmniOS community for your feedback and support!
Dan McDonald -- OmniOS Engineering