[OmniOS-discuss] SMB issues after r151014 -> r151018

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Thu Apr 21 19:49:00 UTC 2016

> On Apr 21, 2016, at 3:21 PM, Steven Ford <sford123 at ibbr.umd.edu> wrote:
>
> Dan, since you made these commits, do you have any thoughts? Could these be related?

Those are both kernel panic fixers (improper release after failure).

The non-global-zone SMB/CIFS fixes went into r151016, along with other fixes.

	https://www.listbox.com/member/archive/182179/2015/04/sort/time_rev/page/1/entry/5:475/20150428134823:C190ED2C-EDCE-11E4-98D2-8987C5A0D07F/

That's the illumos-gate flag day for SMB-in-a-zone.  There are other fixes around that time in illumos-gate that got sucked into illumos-omnios as well.  I'd investigate those.