[OmniOS-discuss] LDAP and Active Directory via rfc2307

Michael Talbott mtalbott at lji.org
Fri Apr 22 19:58:18 UTC 2016

You're exactly right. The DN in ad is the full name and if I create a user where the DN and shortname match, then everything works great. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if updating all the DNs to match the short name will break other dependancies of it deployed in existing software elsewhere. One day when I'm feeling brave and have a little downtime scheduled, I'll batch update all the entries and see if anything breaks. But, I suppose I'm stuck with winbind for the time being. But thank you for all the help.