[OmniOS-discuss] GCC 6 + GOMP runtime

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Apr 27 17:28:54 UTC 2016

> On Apr 27, 2016, at 9:52 AM, Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:
>
> OmniOS has done well with keeping GCC current in that it offers GCC 5.1.  Today GCC 6.1 was released.  Does OmniOS plan to continue to introduce/track new major GCC releases?

Yes, but probably not in a timeframe you'll want.  We picked up gcc5 as part of r151016 (first post-LTS stable).  This will likely be frozen until after the next LTS (next LTS is r151022).

> We still need the GOMP runtime libraries included in system/library/gcc-5-runtime so that OpenMP enabled binaries can run without installing the full developer/gcc51 developer package.  Is there a plan for how/when this will happen?

I remember this from earlier... you basically want this:

bloody(build/gcc51)[0]% pkg contents gcc-5-runtime
PATH
usr/lib/amd64
usr/lib/amd64/libgcc_s.so
usr/lib/amd64/libgcc_s.so.1
usr/lib/libgcc_s.so
usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
bloody(build/gcc51)[0]%

To now include usr/lib/{,amd64/}libgomp.so* ?!?

I take it these binaries do dlopen() to find libgomp...

Thanks,