[OmniOS-discuss] unable to add second nic on KVM

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Dec 5 15:59:05 UTC 2016

> On Dec 5, 2016, at 10:54 AM, Willems Dirk <Dirk.Willems at exitas.be> wrote:
>
> Did you already receive any news about the KVM issue by Joyent?

I have not.  Given it's getting toward the end of the year, I'm not sure if I will, either.

> Also a second question :
>
> Which hardware you recommend for running Omnios, I want to replace the
> VM env of my customer to Omnios with KVM.

See here:

	https://www.illumos.org/hcl/

And in general, go with Intel and SuperMicro.  NOTE that USB3 isn't supported yet, so you may need to go with a pre-Skylake Intel system.

> Also My customer can have a Enterprise support contract like we have
> with Oracle?

OmniTI offers OmniOS support, but it may not be quite what Oracle has:

	https://omniti.com/does/omnios

> I was checking out supermicro systems which seems very Lovely and Trustable.

Yes, and the archives of this mailing list have SuperMicro recommendations all over the place.