[OmniOS-discuss] MPT Firmware Fault, code: 2810

Dale Ghent daleg at omniti.com
Mon Dec 12 18:06:06 UTC 2016

> On Dec 12, 2016, at 12:11 PM, Richard Skelton <skeltonr at btconnect.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
> I have a Avago SAS 9300-16i Host Bus Adapter (LSI00447) in my Intel Corporation S2600WTTR and I see:-
> Dec 12 15:13:21 myhost scsi: [ID 107833 kern.warning] WARNING: /pci at 0,0/pci8086,6f08 at 3/pci10b5,8724 at 0/pci10b5,8724 at 0/pci1000,3130 at 0 (mpt_sas0):
> Dec 12 15:13:21 myhost        MPT Firmware Fault, code: 2810

> I am running OmniOS r151020
> What does it mean?

According to LSI's documentation, 2810 refers to "IFAULT_EXCEPTION_IRQ_UNKNOWN", or in slightly more human terms, "Unknown IRQ Interrupt". These are internal errors reported by the MPT2 controller chip /to/ the driver; so these are generally low-level issues which tend to already exist before the OS starts - problems with the card, the PCI slot, the interaction between the card's firmware and the BIOS during initial setup, and so-forth.

What's happening in your specific case is that the driver checks the MPT controller for any extant fault conditions, sees that there is one, reports it, and then issues a full reset to the controller which appears to correct the problem and life carries on.

My first inclination would be to see if the MPT controller firmware is updated to the latest (you will want the IT variant, of course, not the IR one.) You may also wish to review any interrupt configuration-type settings in your system's BIOS, especially if they aren't defaulted.

/dale