[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS FreeIPA Integration

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 20:57:42 UTC 2016

hi,

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 11:22 AM, Adam Feigin <feigin at iis.ee.ethz.ch> wrote:

> Has anyone managed to get OmniOS bound and working to a FreeIPA (version
> 4.4 LDAP) server ?
>
> So far, I've managed to get it to bind correctly,  I get kerberos
> tickets without problems, and I can see entries with ldaplist/getent/id
> but actual logins do not work, either console or ssh
>
> These pages were vaguely helpful
> https://asenjo.nl/wiki/index.php/Omnios_ipa_client
> http://etcfstab.com/oraclelinux/solaris_n_freeipa.html

When I wrote the first link I really just used omnios as a file server
(NFS). So ipa users can mount the shares, we can apply ace's, etc.

I realize the title is a bit unclear about it, I will modify the page.

As to your question: did you try using  pam_ldap.so.1 or pam_krb5.so.1 in
/etc/pam.conf (take a look at
https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Kerberos+and+LDAP)? Hopefully it will work,
do  let me know.

--