[OmniOS-discuss] Slow CIFS Writes when using Moca 2.0 Adapter

Mini Trader miniflowtrader at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 01:01:17 UTC 2016

Perhaps it was too good to be true.

It seems that one of the parameters is being disregarded for CIFS shares.

1. When the system first starts and I download from my CIFS share, the
transfer rates are good, around 95mb/sec.
2. If I restart CIFS the rates are good.
3. If I wait sometime after the restart or the system has been connected
for a few hours and I attempt to download the rates are bad, around
20mb/sec!
4. If I run iperf when CIFS rates are bad, my speed is good, over
900megabit.

What is going on with CIFS that is causing the client to have slow download
speeds?  It's like CIFS is forgetting the buffer values because whenever I
restart it I am back to good downloads on my client for a brief period.

I appreciate any suggestions.