[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: zvol snapshot rollback issue, dataset busy

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at JVM.DE
Tue Feb 16 16:43:32 UTC 2016

Am 16.02.16 um 17:11 schrieb Johan Kragsterman:
> Hi!

I'd say, it's the other way round… if you delete a LUN via stmfadm
delete-lu, that will also delete it's views, which can be annoying, if
you then want to re-import the LUN from the rolled back snapshot, no?

If you want to keep the view, which is what I usually want to do, just
run stmfadm delete-lu -k <LU> to keep the view. That way, you can then
re-import the LUN on the rolled back dataset and won't have to re-create
the view for it.

Cheers,
Stephan