[OmniOS-discuss] Testing RSF-1 with zpool/nfs HA

Schweiss, Chip chip at innovates.com
Fri Feb 19 13:31:49 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 3:56 PM, Richard Elling <
richard.elling at richardelling.com> wrote:

> Related to lock manager is name lookup. If you use name services, you add
> a latency
> dependency to failover for name lookups, which is why we often disable DNS
> or other
> network name services on high-availability services as a best practice.
>  -- richard

Interesting approach.  Something I will definitely test in our environment.
  The biggest challenge I see is that I run Samba on a couple hosts that
needs DNS.   Hopefully I can find a work around for it.

It would be nice if DNS could be disabled just for NFS.

-Chip