[OmniOS-discuss] Configuration sanity checking

Trey Palmer trey at mailchimp.com
Fri Feb 19 15:14:03 UTC 2016

I haven't checked the Supermicro models lately, but the HP DL380Gen9 has a
model with 24 direct-wired 2.5" slots in 3 modular 8-disk bays.  The SAS
expander is an add-in card which you don't have to buy.

It's really excellent for Intel DC s3X10's.   Of course it's also more
expensive than a Supermicro.

Hopefully Supermicro has something similar now. Wiring anything SATA
through a SAS expander is a risky practice.

    -- Trey