[OmniOS-discuss] Fwd: [developer] Intel I219 support, e1000g, igb testing requests

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue Feb 23 03:08:35 UTC 2016

Robert has improvements for Intel GigE drivers.  Any volunteers or folks with currently-unsupported I219 should check out below.  Please use an r151014 or later OmniOS as your base, please, and create a distinct BE.  The following sample steps are recommended for existing igb or e1000g users (I Use igb as an example here):

1.) Create an alternate be:  "beadm create igbtest"

2.) Mount the alternate be:  "beadm mount igbtest /mnt"

3.) Copy the new 64-bit igb binary over:  "cp .../obj64/igb /mnt/kernel/drv/amd64/igb"

4.) Update the new BE's boot archive:  "bootadm update-archive -R /mnt"

5.) Activate the new BE:  "beadm activate igbtest"

6.) Reboot.

7.) Run your networking tests on your IGB devices.

Thanks,
Dan

Sent from my iPhone (typos, autocorrect, and all)

Begin forwarded message: