[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS and OpenMP

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Mon Jan 4 21:53:26 UTC 2016

On Mon, 4 Jan 2016, Dan McDonald wrote:

>> On Jan 4, 2016, at 9:43 AM, Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:
>>
>> Due to the libgomp availability issue, packages targeting OmniOS which normally support OpenMP have OpenMP specifically disabled.
>
> If this were a bigger thing, I'd worry about design-on-the-fly, but
> would it be perhaps reasonable to place libgomp in with the existing
> gcc-5-runtime?  Or should it be its own?  We could go either way on
> this, I think.  If it becomes its own, the name would be likely
> named "system/library/gomp" or ".../libgomp".

While OmniOS observes a 'KYSTY' philosophy, the default created OmniOS
zone size still seems rather large.  Avoiding expanding this size
should be part of the decision criteria.  Other than that, including
it in gcc-5-runtime would make things easier for packagers and avoid
additional moving parts.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn