[OmniOS-discuss] [discuss] COMSTAR hanging

Matej Zerovnik matej at zunaj.si
Fri Jan 8 17:24:55 UTC 2016

Which controller exactly do you have?
Do you know firmware version?
Which hard drives?

It might not tell much, but it’s good to have as much information as possible.

When comstar hangs, can you telnet to the iSCSI port?
What does svcs says, is the service running?
What happens in you try to restart it?
How do you restart it?

In my case, svcs reported service running, but when I tried to telnet, there was no connection as well as there was no listening port opened when checking with 'netstat -an'. If I tried to restart target and stmf service, but stmf service got stucked in online* state and would not start. Reboot was the only solution in my case, but as I said, latest 014 release is working OK (but then again, load got reduced).

Matej