[OmniOS-discuss] .$EXTEND/$QUOTA

Olaf Marzocchi lists at marzocchi.net
Wed Jan 13 14:16:35 UTC 2016

Hello,
I was doing remote rsync backups and I got this error on the source computer:

rsync: get_xattr_data: lgetxattr(""/tank/eBooks/.$EXTEND/$QUOTA"","SUNWsmb:$Q:$INDEX_ALLOCATION",0) failed: No data available (61)

I'm using kernel CIFS on the latest LTS and Windows 10 (previously 8.1) and OS X 10.10 as client.
I found some info online about the folders .$EXTEND/$QUOTA but I understand they are created on NTFS disks, not on network shares.
I don't have quotas set, could someone give me hints about possible solutions to the issue? Since the folder(s) generating the error are empty, what about removing them?
In the past I was using netatalk but not anymore.

Thanks
Olaf