[OmniOS-discuss] [developer] ENABLE_PERL64

Richard PALO richard at netbsd.org
Sat Jun 4 11:10:49 UTC 2016

Le 04/06/16 09:27, Adam Števko a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> and what about projadd/projmod/projdel/Sun::Solaris::Project?
>
> We have kstat rewritten in C, however this wasn’t done for projadd/projmod/projdel. Removing them from gate without proper replacement will cause headaches.

the following use these routines:
> richard at omnis:/home/richard/src/illumos-gate$ git grep -l Sun::Solaris::  |grep -Ev 'man|contrib\/Sun'
> usr/src/cmd/abi/appcert/scripts/AppcertUtil.pm
> usr/src/cmd/abi/appcert/scripts/abi_index.pl
> usr/src/cmd/abi/appcert/scripts/appcert.pl
> usr/src/cmd/abi/appcert/scripts/symcheck.pl
> usr/src/cmd/abi/appcert/scripts/symprof.pl
> usr/src/cmd/abi/appcert/scripts/symreport.pl
> usr/src/cmd/auditrecord/auditrecord.pl
> usr/src/cmd/auditrecord/mkmsg.pl
> usr/src/cmd/intrd/intrd.pl
> usr/src/cmd/lgrpinfo/lgrpinfo.pl
> usr/src/cmd/pginfo/pginfo.pl
> usr/src/cmd/pgstat/pgstat.pl
> usr/src/cmd/projadd/projadd.pl
> usr/src/cmd/projadd/projdel.pl
> usr/src/cmd/projadd/projmod.pl
> usr/src/cmd/sgs/lari/lari.pl
> usr/src/cmd/stat/arcstat/arcstat.pl

where, as Garrett said, only intrd uses internally Sun::Solaris::Intrs

Seems to me while it would be great to blast ::Intrs when the 'C' version of intrd commits,
omnios users using 'onu' are still at risk with all these perl dependencies existing where the
multi arch perl/contrib is not done, either in the gate or natively in omnios-build.

This is the reason for at least an interim solution proposed by ENABLE_PERL64=
--
Richard PALO