[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS 151014 LTS (omnios-b13298f) pkg update -v shows an osnet-incorporation related message.

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue Jun 7 00:42:12 UTC 2016

Ahhh good catch.

I know what happened.  I forgot to update the "entire" and "jeos/illumos-gate" consolidations with the updated Timezone package versions.  Luckily, those are small and easily fixed.  As a side-effect, you will want to update now to also obtain the 2016c timezone info.  What isn't lucky is that I have to rebuild the update media.  Luckily, not as many people are installing LTS *today* from ISO or USB as they are updating their existing deployments.

I have now updated the public repo servers.  I will soon be updating the release media as well.

Here's a machine I have like yours, that also caught this error, but with better post-update results:

r151014(~)[0]% sudo pkg update --no-backup-be
            Packages to update:  4
       Create boot environment: No
Create backup boot environment: No

Planning linked: 0/1 done; 1 working: zone:kvm-only
Linked image 'zone:kvm-only' output:
| Packages to update: 4
`
Planning linked: 1/1 done
DOWNLOAD                                PKGS         FILES    XFER (MB)   SPEED
Completed                                4/4         32/32      0.2/0.2  1.1M/s

Downloading linked: 0/1 done; 1 working: zone:kvm-only
Downloading linked: 1/1 done
PHASE                                          ITEMS
Removing old actions                             8/8
Installing new actions                         15/15
Updating modified actions                      32/32
Updating package state database                 Done
Updating package cache                           4/4
Updating image state                            Done
Creating fast lookup database                   Done
Executing linked: 0/1 done; 1 working: zone:kvm-only
Executing linked: 1/1 done

NOTE: Please review release notes posted at:

http://omnios.omniti.com/ReleaseNotes

r151014(~)[0]% sudo pkg update -nv
No updates available for this image.
Planning linked: 0/1 done; 1 working: zone:kvm-only
Linked image 'zone:kvm-only' output:
| No updates available for this image. (zone:kvm-only)
`
Planning linked: 1/1 done
r151014(~)[4]%

That's more in line with what should happen.

THANK YOU and good catch!