[OmniOS-discuss] Community interest in illumos PF port?

Jorge Schrauwen sjorge+ml at blackdot.be
Tue Jun 7 11:00:06 UTC 2016

Hello,

We promised to send a reply once we gathered some data, so here it is.

>From what alanc told us Oracle spent well over 2 engineer years working
on their port. This would
require high amount of money for a successfull crowdsourcing campaign.

27 people including us (Adam and Jorge) responded that we would like to
see pf ported to illumos.
However, all of us were individuals without a backing company to back
with some serious amount of funds.

Based on this fact, we conclude that the crowd-sourcing campaign would
likely fail.

Regards

Adam and Jorge